As of yesterday I have only four weeks left in Bozeman. On July 20 I will fly to LA for my TESOL training.
Last weekend I filled out the application for my Hungarian Visa (Vizum.) Thankfully there was nothing too difficult about it. Then I had to send that in to TeachOverseas. As far as I know that was the last thing I still needed to send in other than my posted degree which I still do not have.
The lack of a posted degree is actually kind of a big deal. Pepperdine only posts degrees three times a year: Once at the end of each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer.) This means that they will not post my degree until July 31st when the third summer session ends. There are two difficulties with this. The first being that I need to prove that I have graduated to the Hungarian government by either showing them my actual degree on that pretty piece of paper or by having a copy of my transcript that says "Posted Degree" on it. The second reason I need the posted degree is for the Azusa Pacific University Field Based Masters in TESOL program. For some absurd reason this specific program does not even look at applications until EVERY item has been sent in, including the Posted Degree. In general all of my friends who applied to grad school were admitted "pending graduation." That means their application was processed and they were admitted to the program, but in the Fall they have to show their diploma or posted degree transcript to their new school. This makes sense. That was how it worked when we were all graduating from High School. I wrote and email to the admissions counselor at APU so hopefully he will provide me with more information (although when I called on Friday he was on Jury Duty, so maybe he will not give me any more information.) I think the biggest problem may actually be that the program may begin before July 31st, so I may miss the program completely and have to defer this whole thing until next year. Please keep this situation in your prayers. Maybe this is so difficult because it is not what God wants me to be doing.
As far as fund raising goes. . . I still need some funds. In order to pay for the TeachOverseas training etc. I still need to raise $1276. (Although I think that the Bozeman church is giving me $600 toward that. . .they just have not yet.) Beyond that I still need about $1500 to pay for insurance, getting settled in Budapest, and teaching supplies. If I get accepted to the APU program then I will need about another $2000-3000 to pay for tuition. Basically, if you feel called to give, please do so!
For the summer please continue to pray for Hungary. Also pray for me to be ready, well rested, and spiritually in tune when it is time to go.
I appreciate your support greatly!
Grace and peace-
Emeshea
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Vizum Application
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you get to the end of all the light you know
and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:
either you will be given something solid to stand on,
or you will be taught how to fly.
-Edward Tellar
No comments:
Post a Comment