The past week I have been at home in Montana. I started my job at Rockhaven Camp and tomorrow the first Bible Day Camp begins. I am excited about this. This morning I went to church at First Presbyterian in Bozeman because they were commissioning the camp workers for the summer. It was very interesting to see a little bit more of how the Presbyterian Church functions. The churches of Christ function so differently than churches with a denominational affiliation, it is somewhat strange to me. In the end I am just excited to be working at a camp this summer instead of as a cashier at Target.
Since I have been up at camp I have not had much time to think about Hungary. It has been nice to live in the here and now, instead of always thinking about what happens on July 21st. (A lot of things happen that day actually: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is released, my friend Daniel turns 21, and I start training with TeachOverseas.) Despite me being at camp God has provided some more financial support for Teach Overseas purposes. I received the "Final Packet" from them in the mail, which means the time is drawing near. The only paperwork I am still missing in order for everything to be official is my Posted Degree, which should be available in the next week or two. The other item I am waiting to find out about is a graduate program through Azusa Pacific University. I completed their application in January, except for the Posted Degree. I am slightly annoyed that they do not admit people "pending graduation." Instead they wait until you have everything in to them, which means that I will have to decide if I want to participate in their program about a month before the first course would start! That is not very much time to make such a big decision.
Please continue to pray for me to have adequate funding, for spiritual renewal, and for the right decision regarding APU.
If you want to send me mail at camp that would be very much appreciated:
Emeshea Petty c/o Rockhaven Camp
66850 Gallatin Rd.
Gallatin Gateway, MT 59730
Monday, June 11, 2007
Montana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you get to the end of all the light you know
and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:
either you will be given something solid to stand on,
or you will be taught how to fly.
-Edward Tellar
No comments:
Post a Comment