Today I started Pedagogy I: Listening and Speaking. It is a BIG change from last weeks class. We lost three people who were from the 2006 cohort, so now we are down to ten people. Last week our professor was Dr. Mary Wong. She is a very energetic extrovert. This week we have Professor Lynn Santoro-Harvey, who is a lot quieter in nature, and it is her first time to teach this course. Today we had lectures for about four hours without much break time. She said we would do more activities the rest of the week. I sure hope so because today was very long and dry. We are fairly quiet as a collective, which makes it worse. Tomorrow should be better.
Things I am looking forward to this week: Harry Potter year seven will be released at midnight on Friday, Teach Overseas training starts on Saturday, my friend Brendan from Australia is going to be in LA starting on Saturday and I would love to see him (he did AFS in Hungary when I did), and it is exciting to get to meet the other cool people from the 2006 and 2005 cohorts.
Things to pray for:
-Patience
-Love
-Funding
-Hungary as a whole
-Budapest
-My school... which I still know nothing about
-Health
-Relationships...new and old alike
May the Grace and Shalom of our LORD Jesus Christ be with you now and always. Amen.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
APU Round Two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you get to the end of all the light you know
and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:
either you will be given something solid to stand on,
or you will be taught how to fly.
-Edward Tellar
No comments:
Post a Comment