Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My head hurts too much to think of a creative title

Last week I missed two days of school because of a cold. Yesterday I did not go to school because Monday night I was sick (in the British sense) and went to bed at 9:30pm. I then had the second to worst head ache of my life which prevented me from sleeping very much until 3am. I then slept until 8:30am. I spent the majority of yesterday reading Blue Like Jazz and trying to figure out if I liked the book or not.

Here are my thoughts on the book I still have 30 pages left to read in...
I like his honesty. He just lays it all out, how it is, and is very vulnerable. He is completely random in his transitions... its like stream of thought or whatever that kind of writing is called. At times I like it because that is how I write in my journal and at times I get annoyed because it is confusing. He reminds me of some of my friends from real life. I find that endearing and at times frustrating. I agree with a lot of what he says about Christian spirituality, but I am thrown off by how many times he talks about having a beer, smoking a pipe, cussing, etc.
Like I said... I still have a few chapters left... those chapters may rock my world, or it may be like the rest of the book.

Today I am back at school... but one of my classes was canceled because they are taking a Revision of some sort... and no one told me. I was not here yesterday so I get that, but... I could have slept for a whole entire hour longer!

Please pray for these killer headaches to go away (and not just with a lot of Ibuprofen...)
Lauren is also fighting a cold, but she has prescription Super Woman medicine so she can feel great for a few hours a day... then she sleeps. Pray for her too.
And pray that Jo does not get sick again... and that Tracey does not get sick either.

Off to class...

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Che and I have both been sick as well. I don't know if it's the change in weather, or just that there are different strains of viruses out here, but I wish it would stop.

I really like "Blue Like Jazz," so it was cool to read your thoughts on it. I've heard Donald Miller speak once too and really enjoyed it. We'll talk more sometime.

When you get to the end of all the light you know

and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,

faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:

either you will be given something solid to stand on,

or you will be taught how to fly.

-Edward Tellar