Last night Lauren and I went to another concert with Bogi and Ildiko from church... as well as David and David.
The first band up was called Revolution! They are from Holland, which was way cool because my friend Lian was also at the concert and she is from Holland. Apparently they are the most popular Christian band in Holland and also circulate in the secular music world there. Their songs were very uplifting and I really enjoyed them.
Then there was the "Lakatos Project." This is a Hungarian group that has some interesting Gypsy influence. They mixed some usual worship songs with Hungarian rap. I did not know that anyone in Hungary really did rap in Hungarian... not to mention Christian rap in Hungarian. It was very interesting and enjoyable.
The main event was Salvador. They are from the US, but have heavy Latin and South American influences. They sang some songs in Spanish (which Lauren really liked...) and also some great worship songs in English. This is the second time in one week that I have gotten to experience "Salsa for the Lord." The Gospel Choir had a Salsa number too!
Overall it was a great experience. As always it was fun to spend time with Bogi, Ildiko and David Squared. (I have decided that David is the single most used name in the world. We have four of them at our church, two of them on the ESI Hungary team, I knew at least ten in college, and without fail every time I meet new guys there is at least one named David. Lauren and I roll our eyes now when we meet new Davids...)
Other exciting things coming up in the Christian music circuit in Hungary: June 18-20 there is a big Gospel and Soul Fesztival at Westend, one of the biggest malls in Budapest. Hillsong London and Matt Redman are going to be there and I am so excited! I am purposefully going to buy my plane ticket back after this so that I can go. Yeah!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Salvador
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you get to the end of all the light you know
and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:
either you will be given something solid to stand on,
or you will be taught how to fly.
-Edward Tellar
No comments:
Post a Comment