Well... the past two weeks have been quite exhausting. I was at APU taking classes again. The first week was Pedagogy II: Reading and Writing. The second week was Grammar. In my first two semesters I had a very distinct one good week, one bad week experience. This time around they were both above average, but not exceptional. I did a lot of reading, a lot of thinking, and a lot of analyzing sentences and writing.
It was really great to see all of my friends from there again, especially my room mates Kristi, Jen and Kara. Kristi is now engaged to a Chinese internet pop star named Matthew. I got to hear all about trying to get him a Visa to come to the states so they can get married here, what kind of cake she wants for the wedding, how they are going to a few Olympic events in August and all sorts of other exciting things. Kara teaches third grade in Korea now and loves it. I am glad that she is in the program with me because everyone besides the two of us teaches adults and college level students. Jen is always fun to be around because she is also an ESI member so we know a lot of the same people from ESI.
This was also a great chance to get to know everyone else who we study with better. In Thailand it was the first time for us to meet a lot of our cohort members because they did the first semester through ELIC, instead of at APU. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again in Thailand in January.
Now I am in Pasadena at ESI training. I am really enjoying spending time with some people who I don't get to see all the time, and also with my new team mates Mary and Emily. I am really looking forward to a great year with them and Joanna.
My time in the states is coming to a close. I fly back to Hungary next Thursday. I am really excited to be back there, although it might be a little bit lonely. Most of my international friends will still be in America or their home country. It will be a good time to spend quality time with my Hungarian friends and to practice my Hungarian skills.
<><
Sunday, July 27, 2008
APU Round 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you get to the end of all the light you know
and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:
either you will be given something solid to stand on,
or you will be taught how to fly.
-Edward Tellar
No comments:
Post a Comment