Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Home's in Montana, I wear a Bandana...

I am back in the states! I came home to MT on June 27th, a day later than planned, thank you Air France.

I spent my first week at home just hanging out with my family, working on my fund raising newsletter, and relaxing.

This second week I have been hanging out with a few friends, mostly Brian, Jake and Steph. As usual when I come home, I wonder, why don't I live here?
Bozeman is gorgeous. There are mountains all around. My family lives here. I have good friends here. I love the church here. I can do any outdoor sport I want to here. I can go to places like the Pickle Barrel, La Parilla, Mongolian BBQ, Cat Eye Cafe, and other great places to eat. Bozeman still has some small town charm. The mix of granola's, farmers, cowboys, university students, and other cool people is fairly unique to Bozeman... I love this town.

But the voice of the Lord has called me to serve Him in Hungary. I love Hungary too. Budapest has the stunning beauty of an old European city. The hills in Buda are green and filled with deciduous forests, which are my faveorite. The Danube, though not always blue, is beautiful, a great place to walk or sit by, or go on a boat ride. Budapest has all the things you want in a big city: malls, restraunts, cafe's, concerts, museums, cultural events, etc. I feel at home in Budapest, like my roots go deep there. I love learning new things about Hungarian culture... and believe me... I run into new things all the time! I love how ernestly the church in Hungary is seeking God. I love Hungarian hospitality.

There are so many great things about Bozeman and Budapest. A part of my heart will always rest in these two towns... but I have left pieces of my heart in other places too. Heidelberg and Cologne, Germany stole bits of my heart, Malibu and the greater LA area have also. These are places that I love to be...

-----------------------------------------

Fund Raising... so... for this next year I need about $10,000. Right now I have $300. On Monday I am supposed to pay for tuition, books and housing at APU... not to mention... buying groceries.
Please pray for that to get worked out... I need about $2,000 on Monday.

APU!
Next week I start my third semester of APU... I am really excited to see everyone again... not so excited about going to class... that's life.

Please keep me in your prayers as I am fund raising, studying and traveling around the US.

No comments:

When you get to the end of all the light you know

and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,

faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:

either you will be given something solid to stand on,

or you will be taught how to fly.

-Edward Tellar