Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Student Interview: Kristof

This is completely unedited, just the way he replied to my questions in writing.

What is your name?

- My name is Kristof Toth.

How old are you?
- I'm 14 but my birthday is on the 29 Oct. So I'm almost 15.

What are your favorite things to do?
- I like swimming,cooking,reading Harry Potter books,listening to music, watching movies,especially comedies,surfing on the Internet and playing volleyball. I like hanging out with my friends too.

What is your favorite food to cook?
- My favorite food to cook are Gyros and dishes containing tuna. I like tuna very much.

What is it like going to school in Hungary? At Kossuth Lajos?
- Going school in Hungary takes too much time of my life. It's a fact. But it's pretty cool 'cause I can meet my friends every day. Kossuth Lajos is the best school! I love learning English 20 lessons a week. It's hard but I... don't know. I love it. Am I a mutant?!

What is your favorite thing about Hungary/Budapest?
- My favorite thing in Hungary is the Capital Fun Fair. I know it isn't as big as an American Amusement Park, but Hungary is a small Country so we have a small Fun Fair.

Why should people come visit Hungary?
Hungary is a very interesting place so come and visit.In Hungary we speak "Magyar" , it's a cool language.I don't know how it sounds for a foreigner but is funny, that's for sure.We have lots of cool places here.Not just in Budapest but in the country side too.We have lots of
Wellness Hotels and Aqua Parks. Our folklore is very interesting.If you are in Budapest you have to see the "Budai Vár" The Building of the Parliament and the Westend City Center. But we have no Starbucks in Hungary. It's a pity.

*How do you feel about your American teachers? ;)
- I love my American teachers!!♥ They are awesome!!!They just like "adult-kid" people.They almost never give us homework.Woow-Woow
Thy taught us first, Love the USA especially Montana, Ohio, Maryland and Virginia.They are cool.

Is there anything else you would like to say to Miss Petty's American friends?
- Please, Send Starbucks Café to Hungary!!! Please, we need it.
Oh, and Barack means Peach in Hungarian. So what's up with Barack Obama?


* Comment: I give HW like four times a week... Emily? What have you been doing? (Okay... so maybe I have hit a HW giving slump in the past week or so... but I have also been in ill...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am amused.
~Jennie

Anonymous said...

you're brainwashing your students - they're going to think that Montana is the most populated place in the US ... they will be highly disappointed if they ever go ...

;o)

guess who.

i just re-discovered this ...

When you get to the end of all the light you know

and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,

faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:

either you will be given something solid to stand on,

or you will be taught how to fly.

-Edward Tellar