Wednesday morning I finished packing, cleaned my room at WCIU, wrote my final emails, and said goodbye to a few teachers who were still around. Then Deanna, Joanna, Carice and I went to the Hungarian consulate to get our Passports. Thank God our Visa's had arrived (or we would have been in a tight spot) and we were able to fly on Wednesday.
When I got on the plane I was supposed to have a center seat, but the other two people in my row were together and wanted to sit next to each other... so I graciously gave up my center seat for the window... how awful (sarcasm). After we took off I did a few Sudoku puzzles... then slept the rest of the way. I only woke up once to eat dinner and slept straight through breakfast. The next time I woke up we were just 20 minutes from Frankfurt! We transferred successfully, then arrived in Budapest on time. Thank God our bags also arrive very quickly on the baggage claim. (We prayed over our bags before we checked in... no ones bags were overweight and they all arrived. Thank God.)
The Igazgato of our school, Janos, and the head English teacher, Agi, met us at the airport. They came in the schools minibus, which was good because we had a LOT of luggage. They took us to the Bazis where we live.
I will tell more later... at the moment I am exhausted. We have no internet at the Bazis so it is hard to keep updated. I will try though!
Please pray for everyone on our team to stay healthy and get over jet-lag soon.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Life on the Sziget...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you get to the end of all the light you know
and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:
either you will be given something solid to stand on,
or you will be taught how to fly.
-Edward Tellar
No comments:
Post a Comment