Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Monday

Today I went to my first ever teachers meeting! It was pretty boring and in Hungarian... I understood most...
Then a trip to the immigration office was in order. As usual these things are never as easy as they appear. Agi said all I needed was the form I filled out on Friday and my passport. After I stood in line for about half an hour I was told to take a number from this special machine. There were different buttons for different things: resident permit, visa application, etc. I got my number and was very quickly called in to take care of business. And that is when I discovered that I needed to bring a letter of invitation, lease or something similar to prove that I had a place to live. I will go back tomorrow, but this time I know which button to press.

Tracey and I went to lunch after that at Marcello's!Marcello's was on old haunt of ours when we lived in Budapest as a family. I was surprised that I remembered exactly where it was. I enjoyed a great pizza and afterwards we had cappuccinos. Then Tracey was so kind as to show me were the Christian Library is! For a small fee (around $10) you can get a library card for the year. It is a very small library run by a Christian couple: Andy and Phyllis (I think.) I knew them from before... to them I am "Dean's daughter." Small world. They were so excited to see me and it reminded me just how small the world is! I am looking forward to hanging out there.

Well... that's it for today!

Please keep my whole team in your prayers as we are still adjusting to the time and experiencing our individual forms of culture shock...

No comments:

When you get to the end of all the light you know

and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,

faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:

either you will be given something solid to stand on,

or you will be taught how to fly.

-Edward Tellar